Men’s shirts are the preeminent symbol of masculinity, so it’s important to get them right. The proper fit of a men’s shirt is an important part of the wardrobe.
It’s what makes you look good and feel confident, so it’s worth taking the time to find out what makes a great fit for your body type. But finding the perfect fit can be difficult if you’re unfamiliar with the process. With this handy guide on how to find the perfect fit for highlander shirts for men, you can choose the perfect fit shirts for yourself.
Finding the perfect fit isn’t as hard as you might think. You just have to know where to look and how to get there. Here are some steps to help you find your perfect shirt size:
1. Know your body shape. For example, if you have a long torso but short arms, then long-sleeved highlander shirts will look good on you, whereas if you have long arms and a shorter torso, then a short-sleeved shirt will fit better.
2. Think about your personal style preferences and lifestyle choices. If you like to wear suits for work or meet up with friends for drinks in the evening, then make sure that whatever shirt is suitable for those activities fits well (and looks good) at all times of day and night.
3. Consider the length of your sleeves. Is there too much fabric at the end of them? Can they be rolled up? Will they show too much skin underneath them? If so, consider going down a size. You don’t want any unnecessary distractions from your work!
Related: Dare the printed style
4. Grab an old shirt or undershirt and try it on. If it doesn’t fit well, take it to a tailor or seamstress at your local tailor shop. They’ll be able to tell you exactly how much bigger or smaller than your current size you need to go to find a better fit.
5. When you pick up your new highlander white shirts at the tailor, bring along any other clothing that fits well. You’ll want to compare the sizes between them so that you can see how much smaller or larger than your current size might make you feel better in different kinds of clothes (and also so that they can help guide you in choosing a new shirt that helps accentuate those characteristics).
6. Find the right shirt size. Because of how highlander shirts for men are constructed, they are designed to be more forgiving than many other garments. The buttons should be centered on the chest and not too far apart.
The sleeves should also be snug enough to keep them from moving around while wearing them but not tight enough to cut off your circulation when you move around or lift something heavy with one hand.
7. Avoid necklines that are too high. While it can be difficult to find a neckline that doesn’t make your head look like a square block of wood, several styles won’t do this for you; try one with a lower collar line if you have a round or square face shape, or one with a loose shirt collar if you have an oval or heart-shaped face.
When shopping for new highlander shirts for men, it’s important to remember that fit is everything. If you don’t find the right fit, your shirt will be uncomfortable and unflattering. While it can be intimidating to size up or down from your normal size, this guide taught you how to find the perfect fit on both shirts to feel confident in whatever clothing item you choose.